Chirp Love, Art

Friday, February 17, 2012

Meaning behind Chirp Love, Art

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to share the reason why I titled my blog "Chirp Love, Art" and not City Girl Studios. I started City Girl Studios back in 2004. I had recently moved from Jacksonville Florida to Newnan Georgia. While living in Florida I picked up painting. Although I have always dabbed in some form of art since I was able to hold a crayon I found a new love in paint. I started out painting my cats in bright colors of blues, pinks, and purples. Then evolved into whimsical houses, birds, owls and anything that  made me smile. In the last couple of years birds have captured my heart. My nickname is "Bird and my girls have bird related nicknames too, but that is another post for another day.

Because I feel God has given me a story to share of Hope I felt the need to start a blog. I had to do a lot of thinking on what I wanted the title to be because I wanted it to capture who I am but in just a few words. My goal is to show people that I am real. I have dealt with fear, anger, hopelessness, loss, love, joy, and hope. My God has brought me through rough patches and blessed me beyond my comprehension with a strong marriage, beautiful girls, special friends and a wonderful family that has healed from past hurts.

I needed the title to combine sharing my thoughts and dreams to my art which captures all those thoughts and dreams. So because my nickname is "Bird" it came to me that "Chirp Love, Art was the perfect title.
Painted by Crystal Smith

Painted by Crystal Smith

Painted by Crystal Smith












Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment