Chirp Love, Art

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Friendship bracelets

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went through a stage about ten years ago when I lived near the beach making beaded anklets and bracelets. I still have several left but I used to sell them to a local surf shop in St. Augustine Florida. I loved putting colors together and trying new things that no one could buy at a regular store.

Although the original history of a friendship bracelet is made from embroidery thread or floss I made gifts for friends with beads instead. The embroidery thread bracelets became popular in the 70's but have continued to come back about every 10 years. I plan on teaching my girls the skill of making them when they get a bit older.

However today I decided to let Emma make her first friendship bracelet out of beads for her friend who is having a birthday party today. Both my girls seemed so interested in what I had and were occupied for quit a bit. Lol
It was a lot of fun. I just love getting to do things like that with them and hope someday they will remember the days of experimenting and trying new things with their mama. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment